Antispam plugin idea (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisu

Let's say someone spams with regular Rocket Launcher. It's attack interval is 0.8s, reload start is 0.92s and reload consecutive is 0.8s, so, to fire two clips, it needs 0.8s*4=3.2s to empty the first, then 0.92+0.8*3=3.32, and then another 3.2s for the second. Hence, it can be scripted that if Rocket Launcher is fired more than 8 times in 3.2+3.32+3.2=9.72 seconds, it is spam, unless there's an !rtd in effect.

Now, about how to deal with spammers — I personally think nothing serious is needed. Just make the script blind the spammer until respawn and then turn them around, 180 degrees, so they will only harm themselves.

not a bad idea, thing is we tried that already and didnt worked that well, but we will see i added it to the todo list

I still think that the dispenser idea would be better, also will be easier to do (just edit the map)

I still think that the dispenser idea would be better, also will be easier to do (just edit the map)
Do you mean insappable, invincible, team-only dispensers?

I don't know about insappable, but invincible could just be ~999k hp and automatically rebuilds itself when destroyed.

I definitely saw insappable dispensers, on dm_duel_v1c

Rocketspammers are usually easy to deal with. Sniper / pyro can do the job.
Demospammers are the real problem, due to the grenade's parabolic trajectory.

Also, I thought lots of times about removing some lockers, some people can't live without them.
I think I could use a new edit of the map, optimized to prevent spammers. Unfortunately, I know nothing about map editing, so don't count on me on this one.

That kind of map will be the one that has lockers replaced with invincible team-only dispensers.

Ooh, this change is going to make a room empty.
I'm also gonna be missing spammers, they are such lovely people do deal with, especially when you are an user and warn them without powers. You should see the insults :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread