Leveling system (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there was something very similar in Counter-Strike.
I noticed I had 30 levels in the level bank when I first joined. Are those remaining levels from the previous leveling mod or are they granted to all? I don't remember reaching level 30 on Panda #2 server. I did go even beyond that on Panda#1, but not on #2, so I don't know why I have so many levels in the levelbank.
Anyway, most old players would appreciate it if they really had remaining levels from the previous mod. I don't like to think that every new member will be able to max out a class as soon as he joins.
Unfortunately, I was unable to see for myself how fast you level up. If it's at the same rate as the old leveling mod, there should be no problem.
So far, I like the new mod, I even used it frequently on my own CS servers a long time ago and enjoyed playing in servers that had it. It allows a great degree of customization, while still keeping the leveling system, unlike some other mods, where you just a pick a class and are automatically granted some abilities.
I still don't know how well it will work for TF2 though. It might become a bit hectic. E.g scouts going undead for the ultimate, movement speed and levitation and rushing in the enemy's base to suicide and kill half their team. Or it might not, time will tell.
I would really like to see this mod on the Panda #1 server, granted that it's tweaked a bit.

P.S I found the /war3menu
Regarding the ultimates. I don't think people should have to wait to use them after they respawn. The maps we play are quite small, so you usually need your ultimate right away. On the map orange, base camping might also occur, so ultimate might be needed immediately.
And I don't think the wards are working. I put them down and stand in them, but they don't heal me. I'm maxed out in crit, but haven't seen any crits so far.
All undead abilities are working properly.

P.S I have been playing against one of my friends all morning and we don't get XP, cause there's just the two of us. Imo, you should be able to gain xp even with just 2 or 3 players.
Also, the chain lightning ultimate of the Orc, hits spies even if they are invisible and through walls. People can just spam the ultimate button and make spies useless.
And I get killed through walls and floors WAY too often.
Also, the additional health that the human is supposed to have, often doesn't work.
Anyway, I can't wait to see this mod on the Panda #1 server.

You are some crazy human. I guess you are the only one who spends lots of time for reporting bugs and suggestions.

You are totally right with everything you said.
Old players should be granted levels. New ones not. Not possible as far as i know.
Everyone is granted 30 levels. Which will be changed in the next week so new people from there on will not get 30 levels anymore.
People in the Panda's Community Steam Group get double XP and Gold. - This feature will soon be removed and available for donators and VIPs
Use your time to spend your 30 levels and level with double XP. New players dont have double XP.. and soon not 30 levels anymore!

Some stuff doesnt work yeah. We are no sourcepawn coders so we cant fix that on our own (at least i think so).
Time will tell if we get this to work a 100%. And time will tell if it works because of abusing,...

There will definately be no tweak on cooldown times after being respawned. I like it how it is even for small maps...
The bigger problem is if this will even fit on duel because its THAT small.

We are working hard on the servers atm.. Since you had your own server you know that never everything works perfectly for everyone

Also, if you ask nicely, since you already helped us a lot, admins can grant you some additional levels :p

Cheers

There is spawn protection granted for 2 seconds on orange, that will help in some cases.

Negative, I myself spawn camped as an Undead Scout on Orange this morning, when there was about 4-6 of us. I'd literally kill the enemies as soon as they spawn. There was no spawn protection whatsoever.
I confirmed it just now. I went to the enemy base and killed an enemy within the same second he spawned.
The enemies didn't even glow in dark green, nor did they appear half transparent the way they usually do when they're spawn protected.
Also, you can't change class without dying on Orange. Dunno why that is. Usually when you change a class you just reappear as the new class, but on Orange you suicide and respawn as the new class.
I'm afraid that Undeads reduce the Spy's viability by a lot. It would be nice if you were somehow able to make the ultimate not activate if the undead is backstabbed, but I assume it isn't in your power.

P.S I can't wait to play this mod on dm_duel, I'm having so much fun pissing people off with my undead ultimate. They know I'm on low health and try to melee me, but I explode when I die and they're like "WTF WAS THAT?" xD Priceless. Naturaly, there's also gonna be 30 free levels on Panda #1 for the first day or so, right?
Can't wait to see the abilities of all classes, which is gonna take a while (I've already chosen the 13 best classes) ... :D

Another P.S: The Bash ability of the Human race gives you additional HP, when it should be the Devotion Aura that gives you additional HP. I assume the effects of both abilities have been switched with one another and that's probably the reason why I thought the additional health doesn't work.
Wait...devotion aura... revives me? Wtf? I remember something like revival on this mod back in my days of CS, but I thought it was an ultimate. I suppose not all abilities match their descriptions.

There is spawn protection.
The reason you die on changing class: bad mapper; he made no func_respawnroom ... cant really fix that because its not my map

The plugin is buggy, sadly... though not as buggy as levelmod
I dont know how much bugs are fixable

We are still discussing about war3source on duel.
Questions are:
Same database/stats like on orange? Own database? Nerfed skills? Max level reduced?

you are right with the first ones get 30 levels in the levelbank.
Most likely tomorrow i will set the levels people get to 0 on orange.

Once our donation sytem is a 100% finished only donators get double exp, not all group members. This also applies to the future war3source on duel.

Honestly, in my opinion the levels and skills are fine for now, with minor exceptions. Of course, we can't know that for sure until it's properly tested. I already reviewed the descriptions of all races and their abilities and I've noticed there are some ultimates that may potentially be buggy. Mostly AoE ultimates (AoE = Area of Effect, meaning such ultimates that affect a large area instead of just one person), because they might work through walls like the orcish chain lightning or the big bad voodoo and etc..

About the database issue. Having the same database on both orange and duel means that if you level up a race on one of the maps, then that level is kept on the other one as well, right?
Let's see.
This is an example of how I imagine a shared database would work (Correct me, if I'm wrong):
You level up the Human Alliance race from level 0 to level 6 on Orange. Then when you go to dm_duel, you'll still be a level 6 Human Alliance.

But ideally, the database should be semi-shared. Meaning this:
You level up the Human Alliance race from level 0 to level 6 on Orange. Then when you go to dm_duel, you'll have 6 levels in your levelbank to spend on any race you want.

This would be the best option because there's a lot of races to choose from. Around 30, if I remember correctly. And some of us will want to try out quite a few of them. I, for example, have already chosen 13 races to level. It would be a pain if a player decided to go on the other server and had to level up all over again from zero.
Let me give you another example: Someone might prefer playing the Undead and the Lifestealer on Orange (Both of those races are suitable for big maps, thanks to healing and faster movement speed and etc) and the Soul Reaper and Luna Moonfang on Duel (Both of those races are more effective in small, crowded maps thanks to their abilities which affect more than one person and work best up close)
Because the maps are so different, people will want to level up different classes on each map. That's why it's best if the levels from Panda#2 went into Panda#1's levelbank and vice versa, instead of keeping the same race leveled.
I don't know if you can do that though, since you mentioned you're not SourcePawn coders.

Most of your suggestions are possible, and you do know, since you used it before, it's one freaking big mod/plugin/mix of bridged plugins, and ofc it's buggy, even Gaben and Pardo himself would not be able to do better :p

On the other note; It's funny how you always post in wrong threads. I love things clean and organized, it's just my OCD i guess; this post from above should go to war3 thread, this is leveling stuff thread, and since we are removing current leveling system, it's useless to discuss any further about it.

"I love things clean and organized"

Today's hectic boss spawning in the Panda #1 server speaks otherwise :p I'm kidding.
You ment this thread? Will write future posts in it.

Max is totally right.
Levelmod will be removed. Thats why ill close this thread now.

One last word to war3 on duel: semi-shared is not possible.. fully shared or not shared.
I still think for duel 16 levels on each race are too much.

Lets discuss that somewher else. LevelMod is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread